Saturday 14 February 2009

Bathed in flowers

Boys
Walking streets
Bathed
In flowers
In bloom
Falling
As rainfall
So fragrant
So beautiful
Enchanted
- - - - -
Puddles
Not water
Still wet
A downpour
Shining
Like jewels
Encrusted
In pavements
As riches
Untold
- - - - -
In footsteps
And shadows
A canvas
Of walls
Painting
The Silence
Echoes of
A heartbeat
Through
Doors
- - - - -
A moon
The light
A saviour
So menacing
Forgiving
The lost
And lonely
Reminiscent
Of fortunes
Foretold
- - - - -
Teardrops
Collapsing
Breakwaters
Not sadness
Breathing
From memory
Speaking
No words
Innocence
So pure
- - - - -
The sky
Tonight
Awash
With colour
Darkness
On fire
Girls
Dressed up
Holding
Hands

Well, it's Valentines Day and although I'm not normally swayed by such sentiment, I just couldn't resist. I was at work this morning and the verse was just running around in my head and would not let go. So I sat down at the computer and despite the interruption, I normally can not write if interrupted, out it flowed, so easily.
It's a love poem for Valentines Day - pure and simple, without hidden agenda. Now I don't normally write happy poetry or poems about the glory of love and nothing has happened in my life personally to make me write it. I just kind of got caught up in the moment, I could feel the energy of love in the air, I really could - it was kind of intoxicating. I could not help myself.
I thinks it's good, it's not overly sentimental nor overly implied; it just floats down out of the ether. I like it's subtlety towards the subject matter.
JK has a one-off exclusive printed copy of the working original with a handwritten note - he always calls my poetry so true. He reckons it will be worth some money when I'm famous and/or commit suicide. Thanks for your kind words JK!
Happy Valentines Day xxx.

2 comments:

  1. youve not been listening to james blunt again have you. i told you to stop listening to that cd so much lol.
    the poem is great i like it. happy valentines babe xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should really just delete the above comment, some people just know how to embarrass me....
    No I've not been listening to James Blunt, I have never listened to that CD since I purchased it and played it through once, both occasions were an error. Anyway...
    "You're beautiful/you're beautiful/it's true/when I saw your face/in a crowded place/I don't know what to do/I'm still in love with you."
    Now that's embarrassing!! Happy Valentines back at you babes, catch xxx.

    ReplyDelete