Saturday 14 February 2009

Shadows electrified

Originally written and posted on Sunday 18 January 2009.

The nighttime
A darkness
Fractured
Of light
A Moon
Starlit
Thinking
Star struck
Muted
Too far
Already gone
----------
Breathe
A notion
So warm
Familiar
A Trembling
Of losing
Forgetful
One Number
So fragile
Secrets
Forgiven
-----------
A heartbeat
The time-slip
Abandonment
In prayer
Palms pressed
Tenderly
Graceful
Storm clouds
In motion
Shadows
Electrified

I'm not overly happy with this one but it's the best I can get it for now. I have been thinking too much on it and trying to force the words out rather than let it flow naturally. I think the real problem is this is the second time I have written about this subject within a week, but I could not help myself, it was so good again :-)
So regardless of whether the poem is any good or not I just wanted to capture the moment, which I've managed to do. I'll call this one "Shadows Electrified". This is for you xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment