Saturday 14 February 2009

But you

Originally written and posted on Sunday 01 February 2009.

I am the wolf
Fancy dress
Pathetic
Born
Needful
Needless
Of everything
But you
Whoever
It may be
-----
Words
Splintered
Incoherent
Suffocated
Inexplicable
Gold plated
A given
Partaken
The riches
Unbearable
-----
Nature head
Lamppost
Concrete bound
Branches
Corroded
Bathed
In light
In rust
Looking down
Hard falls
-----
Cars pass
Choking
People die
A turmoil
Footsteps
Fade away
Windswept
To dust
Scared
Unreasonable
-----
A window
The mirror
Reflected
In horror
Your pain
Hands weep
In laughter
Bleeding
Injected
Digested
-----
A signal
So perfect
Dumbstruck
In drinking
Belief
Rewarded
Images
Negative
Polarity
Untrue
-----
New age
New beginning
New outlook
New nothing
But nothing
Nothing new
You knew
Not me
But you
Always

Oh my... why I have written this so abstractly? Well, it tells a story of sorts but I'm not sure how much of it is true. I guess I have learned recently that people in my life have begun to get to know me very well and I'm speaking a great deal of truth to them. This is just my reaction to it, for reasons unclear; because, for the most part, I enjoy sharing my life. I always try and maintain some kind of mystery to my life, that's probably why.
Anyway the poem is called "But you."

No comments:

Post a Comment